You are here:

Police and Courts

You do not have to make a FOI Request to obtain a copy of your Police Record or a collision report.

For a copy of your Police Record, complete a Consent to Check and Release National Police Record form. You can also access documents held by the Federal Police.

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, you or your lawful representative can obtain a copy of the collision report by writing to the:

Accident Records Office

GPO Box 913

Melbourne  Vic  3001

Make sure you include details about the accident.

Fees are payable for Police Record checks and collision reports.

The Freedom of Information Act does not apply to court documents, such as court files. If you want access to these documents check with the relevant court. The court will explain their policy about releasing documents and it may be that the documents or information you want is publicly available.

There is more information about Court Services Victoria on their website.