You are here:

Fostering and Adoption

If you were fostered through, or a client of, the former children's welfare departments, you can apply for access to your State Ward records. You can apply for this through the Department of Health & Human Services. 

Access to records about legally adopted people is covered by the Adoption Act 1984. Contact the Adoption and Family Records Service for further information.